Monday 28 March 2016

The wait.



The wait...


I sit still at the window of my apartment, sending kisses out into the air
Like prayers without tears
Like a child with no fears
I carve out my essence and bring it on a plate to the world.
Hang on to the ledge like those creepers with the wildflowers with honey brimming for strange birds to consume

Drifting like the piece of log downstream
Marked by the arrows of time
Weathered with rhymes and climes
Crying out loud like a child – new born
Alive! The ones who know nothing but to
Jive!

And I have arrived at this road.
A road with thunderclouds above by day
Moonshine by night
Star struck lovers by dawn
And whispering lost travelers by dusk
And I must not move a single step anymore
For this hasn’t happened before
I haven’t such seen such passionate leaves that grow
With the thirst and mirth of a birth of a caterpillar on their shores


All the yearning and the burning at those loveless turns in life
Have risen up to engulf me and I gulp in the air
That brings me the sound and glories abound from the half of a soul I left behind for you.
To find
To remind
And rewind
And define
The reason for living and giving and believing
Again and again till repetition becomes my prayer
And rhymes my betrayer
And premonitions beware
Of a meeting by some lonesome sign board which says “nowhere”
To decode the sign of your entry into my mind
To sign back to ask if you found that bit of soul that is mine,

And I cannot determine whether it belonged to you or me
Whether it belonged to this century
Whether we have aged, died and defied
The limits of only one life to live
One heart to give
Pieces suddenly seem more beautiful a shape
And beliefs of a magical cape
Help us bring together our miraculous stories
Stories which fit in like puzzle pieces
And stories of similar looking nieces
Whose names we suddenly couldn’t remember

And time still burns like an ember
Reminds us of the sands blowing away all traces of our coming days
So I sit still by the window
Listening hard reading my fortune on playing cards
Which point to an arrival
Of you and me at this strange cross section of time
Where blowing kisses into the air would suffice to tell you.

Its me.

You are looking for me…

No comments:

Post a Comment