Wednesday 15 June 2016

Daisy Zacharia Kozhupakkalam - the girl who ran with the wolves

Nymeria should have been her name, or wildfire or something like that.
I cannot say some days how I found a girl like her in the most ordinary of places – college
For her place and her demeanor spoke of a battlefield.
On the best of days, her hair like her temper would run amok
Yet, you could see the flash of a grin and her nose-pin in the sun as easily if you knew her well
A friend, a child and a counselor all rolled in one.
A poet, a warrior, traveler and comrade!
A woman to love, and a force to reckon with, she was my champion when even I wasn’t.

Thank you, for being my friend Nymeria, the girl who runs with the wolves and happy birthday, here is to two more glorious years with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment